Audits for A/E Firms
Audit reports for architects and engineers
The certified public accounting firm of Hunter & Associates, P.A., specializes in providing audit reports for design consultants, including architecture and engineering firms.
Hunter & Associates adds value to our audit services by using our advanced certifications and knowledge of industry best practices to provide transportation consultants with detailed Management Points Letters that recommend improvements to internal controls and operational procedures.
Based in Jacksonville, Fla., our CPAs work with some of the nation’s largest engineering firms and produce reports for the transportation departments of more than 40 states. In addition to overhead audits, our experience includes financial audits for architectural and engineering firms seeking certifications as Disadvantaged Business Enterprises.
Our specialties include:
- Assessing compliance with job cost accounting system requirements
- Auditing reimbursement rates in accordance with American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials standards ("AASHTO Guidelines") and Government Auditing Standards (“Yellow Book”).
- Evaluating compliance with Part 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Testing internal controls
- Verifying overhead, direct expenses and Facilities Capital Cost of Money (FCCM)