Architects and EngineersAs specialists in accounting, audit and advisory services for architecture and engineering firms, H&A brings valuable insight, honed through our extensive experience and knowledge of industry best practices.
Hunter & Associates works with some of the nation’s largest engineering firms and produces reports for the transportation departments of more than 40 states. We specialize in overhead rate audits and cost accounting for A/E firms engaged in government contracting.
This includes overhead audits for firms that provide architectural, engineering or design services to government agencies in accordance with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) terms and regulations.
Our certified public accountants offer the following assistance for A/E firms, including those with an emphasis on transportation design:
- Analysis of centralized and shared expenses for allocating to major service centers
- Cash-flow management
- Forecasts and projections
- Management of AP and AR
- Monthly formal closing of firm's books with reporting
- Incurred cost audit (overhead rate audit)
- Preparation of ICE (Incurred Cost Electronically) Model for Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Review of historical FAR overhead rates and disallowed expenses
- Projections of FAR overhead rates
- Review of Facilities Capital Cost of Money (FCCM)
- Benchmarking & metrics
- Job-cost analysis
- KPI dashboards
- Overhead rate management
- Complementary tax planning and FAR audit strategies